Friday, March 9, 2007

Gemstone Nebulas

By far, some of our most popular gift items are these "Gemstone Nebulas" by California artist Norbie Schmidlin. These little dishes create a special place to hold one's treasures such as bracelets, rings and earrings. They are also ideal for holding votive candles or conal incense.

The nebulas are a unique collaboration of clay and glass. They are created using a high-fired stoneware body, firing to 2360 degrees. At this high temperature, oxides, minerals and silica melt and fuse together, creating a beautiful facetted gemstone effect. 3" nebulas are $12; 3.75" are $22.

Call Gallery Fifty for color availability: 231-932-0775.

Note: I keep on next to the bathroom sink to hold my rings while I wash my hands, and another next to the bed to hold my earrings while I'm sleeping. No more misplaced jewelry!